This year marks our fourth Texas Roundup and I believe it will be the best one yet. When we started this event, gathering leaders from all over Texas, it had 8 leaders a part of it. Each year we have grown this collegiate family from 30 in 2016, 50 in 2017, 75 in 2018, and this year we’re estimating 125. Those numbers aren’t huge, nor are numbers the point, but it does mean a network of collegiate leaders are being gathered and that brings me hope.
I believe we can do more together than we can a part. The college campus is THE most strategic mission field; therefore, investing in the leaders who are reaching this demographic is paramount. We don’t want to just throw something together but to put together an event that will be excellent and add value to those who will attend. At the end of any event I’m a part of I hope attendees walk away knowing there is someone in their corner who believes in them and has their back. I also hope they develop community with other ministries from around the state.
Events like this are never the silver bullet or the fix for any ministry, but events like this can be a catalyst for change and movement. God seems to stir in men and women when they gather with others who are likeminded and they dream and pray of what could be and what will be.
Will you join me in prayer?
- For leaders to encounter Jesus.
- For leaders to see the reality of their ministry.
- For leaders to see God’s activity in their ministry and the direction He wants them to go.
- God would create a family out of all who attend.
- This would be a catalyst for a disciplemaking movement on campuses in Texas and beyond.
- That me and my team would accomplish and execute everything we need to in order to create space for leaders to be ministered to.
If you’re interested in attending this event it is free, but you must register. The deadline to register is Wednesday, May 1. You can register at http://sbtexas.com/roundup
If you’re interested in seeing video content from our 2017 and 2018 events you can check out my YouTube channel.
Thank you for praying!